Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Logophile


Listening to a podcast 'Wordy Wordpecker' on IVM while returning home from office was rejuvenating and fun!
The podcast elucidates the meanings of ordinary words, frequently used and the extraordinary stories, anecdotes, incidents, historical events associated with them.

To paraphrase its just the journey of the word over time and how it was born in its usable form today.

The above podcast has intriguing content and it is lucidly presented for common words like Pomegranate, Avocado, Biscuit, Stilettos, Petrichor to very recent words like Tinder and oomph! Bikini.

Being a Bibliophile and a Logophile too it keeps me engaged. Kudos to the presenter!

Impressed and inspired I have hence decided to get words out of the web of my mind and to find their origins and interesting content from my culture and other interesting facts linked to it being a passionate multilingual myself.

 If you are a logophile too dig in on my blog for words related content now and then!

Keep Reading!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment